Sunday, February 26, 2006

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW, SOMETHING BORROWED, SOMETHING BLUE!


Hi there, this is my first post for Studio Friday and I am late...
This piece has a "story", the fabric is a piece from my granma's old shirt, my mom did the edges when she was about 10 -- now 63 -- to practice the doing-the-edges. And than my sister when she was about 10 -- now42 -- made the dog. Now I -- 28 -- use it as a cover for my small radio. Not that the radio needs a cover, I just like keeping this piece around me...

4 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

Awwww; a wonderful mixture of the four requests. Very sweet memories.

Ellen said...

How wonderful to have something that is such a part of personal/family history. So meaningful and conforting.......
ellen
ps. Welcome to SF!

Tessa said...

I would love this piece even if it didn't have such a wonderful history behind it, and the stories behind it make me like it even more! Great post. And thanks for commenting on my blog too! :)

Mehlika said...

Thank you all :)