Saturday, December 03, 2005

Hello there... / Merhaba


Hi. This is Mehlika from Istanbul. I am about to graduate from Mimar Sinan University of Fine Arts as a photographer. I love knitting, but I love buying the yarn better. So this blog is the place I will show everyone what I do and maybe that will help me knit all my yarns (and have room for the new ones). ENJOY

This is a photograph by me taken in Eilat. I named it "Together".

From now on, I will try to share my crafts (well... knitting mostly:) with you all. I will probably have problems about the photos of the knitted objects, but I am learning how to write a pattern, so from time to time, I will share some of my patterns with whoever reads this. Here you go with the first one, a free stitch pattern:

Cast on even number of stitches

Row 1: *k1 k-b* repeat beween the *'s to the end of the row

Repeat this 1st row. There you have your two-sided pattern for your next scarf (remember to use a soft yarn or 1,5-2 mm thicker needles if u want to make a scarf out of it). And if u want it striped, it's better to change colors every two rows, at least. Have fun!

/ Selam. Bu fotografi Eilat'ta çektim. Adi "Together" (Birlikte). Burada sizinle el islerimi paylasacagim, cogunlukla da orgulerimi. Dogrusu Ingilizce'de ornek yazmayi ogrendigimden beri Turkce'sini yazmak cok zor geliyor. Cunku bu sekil kisaltmalara Turkce orneklerde hic rastlamadim. Yine de deneyecegim. Yazmanin daha kolay bir yolunu bilen varsa bana yazsin. Buyrun:

Cift sayida ilmek atin,

* 1 ilmek duz or, 1 ilmek duz alttaki ilmekle birlikte or *

her sirada tekrar et

Bu selanik orgusudur. Yumusak bir iplik ve 1,5-2 mm daha kalin sislerle orerseniz, bir atki icin yeterli yumusakligi elde etmis olursunuz.

No comments: